Transfers

hibbert, craig hibbert_craig at emc.com
Fri Apr 13 19:52:13 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am having some problems with transfers from our primary server. Both the
primary and secondary servers are running 8.2.3 and everything works ok
except the zone transfers. I would expect that when the refresh time is up
on any particular zone, that zone would update from the primary. The only
way that works in our environment is to Kill -1 (or HUP) the named process
running on the primary. This appears to be re-read into memory by the
primary and then a zone transfer takes place successfully. My question is...
can the same results be obtained without killing the process on the primary
every time we need to do a transfer?

Thanks,

Craig

       http://www.emc.com                      Fax:     (508) 544-2398