Bind 8.2.3 Compilation Problem

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Fri Apr 13 14:17:52 UTC 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, joydeepche wrote:

> I have successfully compiled bind 8.2.3 on HP-UX 11.00 and got the
> named server stand up at last. It's resolving configured domains fine
> except that it's not taking more than ONE CNAME for a particular A
> record. The same is working fine with the older version 8.2.2. Can
> anyone comment on this?

You'll need to be more specific about what you mean by "more than ONE
CNAME for a particular A record".  Depending on how you've used CNAME
records, it may be illegal.  BIND 8.2.3 is less forgiving about that than
earlier versions.  Show us some real examples from your zone file(s)?

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204-5179 U.S.A.