OFFTOPIC: client X.X.X.X#2134: request has invalid signature: tsig verify failure in FREEBSD

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Fri Apr 13 13:59:20 UTC 2001

> Hi!!
>
> I faced this problem before, and thanks to this list, I changed the
> settings in /etc/sysconfig/clock (in RedHat Linux)
>
> ZONE="XXXXXX"
> UTC=true
> ARC=false
>
> I changed UTC from false to true, and also corrected the local time
> zone and the BIOS clock. THANKS!
>
> However, a friend of mine doesn't know how to apply this in a FreeBSD
> system, any ideas? He always get:
> client X.X.X.X#2156: request has invalid signature: tsig verify failure

	Re-run /stand/sysinstall and select Configure then Time
	Zone.  This will create / remove /etc/wall_cmos_clock and
	set /etc/localtime.

	If you are running a OS that requires wallclock time (e.g.
	Windows) on the box as well as FreeBSD then select No to
	the UTC question.  If you are only running FreeBSD then you
	can choose to have the clocks running UTC or wall clock time.

	After you have done this reboot to get adjkerntz to the correct
	state then check the date.  Reset it if necessary.

	Mark

> Thanks and sorry for the offtopic.
>
> P.D. Keep in mine that his system is not running named at all, just a
> dumb client.
>
> Best Regards to all.
>
> --
> Maximo Ramos
> >From The Land of The Morning Calm
> "I am free of prejudices. I hate everyone equally."

Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com