Weird results - firewall bind8

TAG tag at xsinet.co.za
Thu Apr 12 10:29:09 UTC 2001

HI ALL,

I am getting a weird "error" from my firewall ...

OK  - I am using GNATbox as a firewall and the logs look like this :

IP PACKET: UDP  [tertiary DNS/53]-->[secondary DNS/21167]  l=26
[tertiary DNS/53]-->[secondary DNS/21167]

and these are all denied because they are trying to goto a unallowed
port.  I think that they are doing requests from port 53 of the tertiary
DNS server to port 21167 ( and others ) and are being blocked by the
firewall....

Why are they not doing reqyuets on port 53??

I have NO idea where to start searching in the archives, and no idea
where to start ???  PLEASE HELP !!!

Thanks ALL,

Tonino