Is this a dns issue or a sendmail issue

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Apr 11 19:25:03 UTC 2001

	See <http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.12>.

>  2.  I recieve some mail but others bounds, for example I send and email to
>  ataheri at tua.cc from a hotmail account and I get it, but when I send a
>  message to ataheri at tua.cc froma a yahoo account, it bounces back stating
>  "unknown host."   The DNS servers is also running on the same machine, the
>  DNS seems to be working properly, but I am not an expert on DNS.

	This may be a sendmail problem or it might be a DNS problem.
Show us a complete sample bounce, and we might be able to help you
figure out which.

>  3. I have an alias aiden at persianprince.com that forwards all emails to
>  ataheri at tua.cc, when I send a message from hotmail to
>  aiden at persianprince.com I dont recieve and email's bouncing but I also don't
>  recieve the email in the ataheri at tua.cc account either, I have checked the
>  maillog file and have not seen any errors, of course I am not sendmail
>  expert either

	This is almost certainly a sendmail issue.  I suggest that you
post your questions on this matter to the comp.mail.sendmail
newsgroup.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */