Webmin security.

Ted Watson t405405 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:28:53 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm intending to run webmin on two name servers for a client.
These boxes are hardened running only Bind8.2.3 chrooted
and webmin in SSL only mode. I listen at a non-standard  port for
https(https://server:port). Webmin and the
routers will allow access to the port only from a specific
subnet. I need to have my client manage the box but they
need a remote access tool. This seemed like a decent
tradeoff. Given the client workstations are secured can
anyone find a hole in this. I can require an X509 for
access if I have to. That would add another layer of security.

Thanks, tw