zone 'bind': wrong class for view

Robert Gahl bgahl at bawcsa.org
Fri Apr 6 23:40:23 UTC 2001

At 11:01 PM 4/6/2001 +0000, Robert E. Van Cleef wrote:

>What is the secret to classifying the zone bind in version 9.1.0?
>
>If I include it in the internal view I get:
>    zone 'bind': wrong class for view 'internal'
>
>If I leave it outside the internal/external view declarations I get:
>    zone 'bind': wrong class for view '<default view>'
>
>In either case, named exits.

Here is how I do it:

view "chaos" chaos {

         match-clients { !127.0.0.1; !trusted; any; };
         allow-query { none; };

         // Bootstrap the root.

         zone "." chaos {
                 type hint;
                 file "/dev/null";
         };

         zone "bind" chaos {
                 type master;
                 file "primary/bind";
                 allow-query {
                         trusted;
                 };
                 allow-transfer {
                         none;
                 };
         };
};

===
Bob Gahl Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile ||     @
     ARPA/Internet: bgahl at bawcsa.org     ||  !_ \
"Sahn joong moe low ful how jee yah ching wong" - "When the
mountain has no tigers, the monkey will also declare himself
king." Chinese Proverb