bind 9

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri Apr 6 18:58:45 UTC 2001

At 2:08 PM -0400 4/6/01, Adam Lang wrote:

>  What is the current stability of 9.1.1?  If I just want to do basic DNS
>  serving and Dynamic updates, is it safe to use or should I stick with 8.2.3?

	It should be perfectly safe to use in all environments, short of
a root nameserver-like situation where your machines will have to
answer 2000-5000 DNS queries per second.

	If you're feeling conservative, and don't want to run any code
that is not also running on the root nameservers, then you'd choose
8.2.3-REL for the moment.  I would anticipate that within the next
few months, the last few performance issues with BINDv9 will be
resolved, and it will likely be in use on all or most of the root
nameservers in short order.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */