More backround: Interesting problem.

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Thu Apr 5 04:59:28 UTC 2001

Joseph S D Yao wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 09:28:48PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> >       This isn't a DNS problem, it's a registrar problem. Your whois record
> > still shows verio nameservers.
>
> WHOIS and DNS are two entirely different protocols
>
> and may be inconsistent, especially in the lack of a concerted effort
> to keep them consistent.
>
> WHOIS records are irrelevant to DNS
> except to SUGGEST possible problems.

	Which was exactly the point I was making, and was precisely the
information the poster needed. My first sentence was the controlling point,
and based on the original post I felt that pointing the gentleman in the
right direction without spelling out every nauseating detail of the
situation would be sufficient, and guess what, I was right.

	Next time you feel like making a smart-ass comment, 1) Make sure you're
right, 2) Realize that it still makes you an ass, and 3) Lie down till the
feeling goes away.

--
    Perhaps the greatest damage the American system of education has done
    to its children is to teach them that their opinions are relevant