is DDNS for me?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Apr 4 22:37:41 UTC 2001

At 2:58 PM -0400 4/4/01, Adam Lang wrote:

>  From what I've read, you can do that.  The DNS server in Canada would have
>  to be configured for DDNS and then your friend in Finland would have to have
>  a local program that he would run that would update the DNS.

	Of course, DDNS is completely insecure -- once it's allowed,
anyone can update the information on the server.  Go back to the
archives to read about discussions of ideas on how to do this
securely, using tools (and aspects of the protocol) that do not yet
exist, and may not exist for quite some time.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */