is DDNS for me?

Maximo Ramos maximo at violadores.org
Wed Apr 4 15:46:54 UTC 2001

Hi, this is the situation:

I have a real domain.

DNS server is in Canada

I am in South Korea, my IP isn't static, but it doesn't change so
often, so I don't have any problem because I can access the DNS server
in Canada whenever my IP changes.

However, my friend in Finland wishes to have something like
myfriend.domain.com but his IP changes so often. Can I acomplish
that with the DDNS capabilites of BIND 9.1.1?

I still cann't figure this out, how is he going to inform the DNS in
Canada about the change of his IP? is there any OS-independant bind
client that can inform the server of this change?

Your comments are welcome.