Root cache

Michael Kohne mhkohne at discordia.org
Tue Apr 3 20:00:03 UTC 2001

At 12:20 PM 4/3/2001 -0700, David Frank wrote:
>Where is the best location to find the current root cache data? I have
>recently read DNS and BIND and I checked ftp.rs.internic.new. The named.root
>file seemed quite old (march, 2000).
>
>Thanks in advance for any information,
>
>David Frank

No, that's the right location.

ftp://ftp.rs.internic.net/domain/named.root

Is I think what you are looking at. (It's actually august 2000). The reason
that it hasn't changed since August 2000, is that the root nameservers
haven't changed since them (unless I miss my guess). The root nameservers
don't change very often, so it's normal for this file to be fairly old.

Michael Kohne        mhkohne at discordia.org
3000 lbs of wood, 300 foot per minute - DO NOT get in the way.