New DNS setup

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Tue Apr 3 18:29:52 UTC 2001

I've been reading through Mr. Langfeldt's DNS book and have a few questions.

I'm a company with about 100 people.  I have a dedicated ISP with PSINet.

I am going to setup DDNS and DHCP internally.

I want PSINet to host the master server to handle public accessible IP
addresses.  I want another server internally that will be used as a cache
and a DDNS and have the private IPs of the network.

The server that I want to setup, what exactly is it called?  Is it a slave
server?
Are there problems with what I'm planning on setting up?
Any input/comments will be appreciated.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company