Odd problem with zones not being loaded

Forrest Aldrich forrie at navipath.com
Tue Apr 3 16:31:22 UTC 2001

I've noticed a slight problem with some zones not loading with the latest
Bind.8.2.3.

What happens is, somewhere, there is usually a typo... that might cause a
zone to not get loaded.  And this is just a best guess, read on...

In this case, we have 1.2.3.rev, which loads, but for some reason the
forwards are only loading on the local machine and not being propogated to
all our secondaries.   If I go to a secondary and manually remove ALL the
secondary/*.rev files and then reload, it works.

This makes absolutely no sense.   I'm wondering if there is a new bug
present that can cause this problem.   Since we have many secondaries
around the US, this is a major problem for us to resolve.

I've tried re-updating the SOA, etc.   Nothing erratic is reported in the
named.log.

_F