How to filter ip adresses accesing our resolver.

Chris Meadors bind at clubneon.com
Mon Apr 2 15:51:19 UTC 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Kevin Darcy wrote:

> I think the only restriction is that you can't have an "include" statement inside
> a "view". But include's which are outside views, or zonefile $INCLUDE's, should
> work just fine with views.

Well I think what I would have wanted was to include all of the zone
statements inside of one view, and the local query in another view.  But
since the included file that defines all the zones is generated by a
script, I just added one more line the the script to allow queries from
any, so I'm cool.

> Are you sure someone hasn't delegated a domain to your nameservers without
> permission?

It turned out to be sort of that.  We had registered a few domain names
that were typos of another domain.  The owners of the "correct" spelling
whined about it, so we just said, here you can have them.  And changed the
contact information over to them.  Well the idiots changed the name
servers for 3 of the 4 domains, but missed one (this was 6 months ago), so
queries for it are still hitting us.

So is there anyway to stop the logging of "query denied", when I get bored
with seeing them fill up my logs?

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg.  The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second penguin