bind 8.2.2-P5 forced querylog when queries-category is defined

Daniel Roesen droesen at entire-systems.com
Tue Sep 19 19:20:53 UTC 2000

Hi,

I noticed when having a channel defined for the category "queries",
querylogging is automatically switched on. When digging the source
I found the following code in src/bin/named/ns_config.c:

        /*
         * Special case for query-log, so we can co-exist with the command
         * line option and SIGWINCH.
         */
        if (log_category_is_active(lc, ns_log_queries))
                qrylog = 1;

So now it's clear that it's not a bug but the question remains. WHY
does it do that. I see no reason from the other code that this is
necessary. What am I missing? What happens if I just throw that out?

best regards,
Daniel

entire systems GmbH         | droesen at entire-systems.com
Internet Services           | Phone: +49 2624 9550-55
Ferbachstrasse 12           | Fax:   +49 2624 9550-20
D-56203 Hoehr-Grenzhausen   | http://www.entire-systems.com/