h2n Script Doesn't Create Default TTL Record

Kuriger, Michael mkuriger at wb.com
Thu Sep 14 22:38:52 UTC 2000

We put "internal" (10.0.0.0) addresses in /etc/hosts, and external addresses
in DNS.  That way we can contact our servers via the internal address
easilly without going through the firewall and back in.

Several of our servers are NAT'd to the outside and it seems to work this
way well.  The only probelm is destop machines (windoze) always get the
external address since it's not so easy to update several hundred MS boxes'
"hosts" file.

Michael Kuriger
UNIX Engineer
WarnerBros. Online