Reverse look-up issue

Michele Chubirka chubirka at gwu.edu
Wed Sep 13 20:28:21 UTC 2000

We're a class "b" subnet running Bind 4.97 (in the process of upgrading, but
it's taking time), and are experiencing the following problem with one of
our subnets: 1 minute(average)hangs when telneting/ftping to some of our
Solaris and AIX3.2 boxes. I've added the machines to a host file on the
Solaris box, but this is only a bandaid and the version of AIX we run
doesn't use a host file in the same way. I don't want to put the machines in
DNS because they're win95/98 workstations. This particular subnet is a
regular /24, however, we do have CIDR supernets. Any thoughts?