Re-writing RFC1918 addresses? [Was: Re: Looking for way to mark a zone no-xfer for a sub-domain .]

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Sep 12 14:12:20 UTC 2000

%
% On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 03:54:01AM -0700, Bill Manning wrote:
% > 	The kicker is that RFC 1918 addresses in email headers
% > 	are -NOT- filtered by NATs/Firewalls and so escape into
% > 	the Internet. They ought to be re-written at the ALG.
%
% ISTM that that is a debatable opinion.  I'm not clear on why you
% believe this - I can imagine, but I would rather have you specify which
% header lines you are talking about, what problems this would cause, and
% what justification there is for overwriting valid tracking information
% or addressing lines.
%
% --
% Joe Yao				jsdy at cospo.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao

I really don't like getting this type of mail.
Check the second received line.

This spam seemingly came through or orignated on your network.  I object in the
strongest of terms to receiving this type of email and have reported this incident
to the Federal Trade Commission.  Please see that I do not receive anymore.

Regards,

Jeff

--bill