CNAME/MX question...

Vyto Grigaliunas vyto at fnal.gov
Thu Sep 7 15:10:26 UTC 2000

Hi...

I apologize in advance if this is not the proper forum for this question...

If SMTP mail is being addressed to a CNAME record and an MX record is desired
to be associated with the CNAME, can I associate an MX record with the CNAME
or will SMTP/sendmail follow the CNAME to the target canonical name and find
the MX record(s) associated with that target canonical name.

TIA

Vyto

Vyto Grigaliunas - Fermi National Accelerator Lab Data Comm. Group
E-mail : vyto at fnal.gov

"I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED
around a city, keeping it's SPEED above fifty, and if it's
SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called
'The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down'."

--Homer Simpson