Single domain fails lookup

jim at coam.net jim at coam.net
Wed Sep 6 06:42:17 UTC 2000

I am having the same kind of problem with this domain: omniairintl.com
with dig @dns.coam.net omniairintl.com
i get a SERVFAIL id: 6
interestingly, i have the same results from my secondary dns, ns1.espire.net

but, if I use other nameservers (say, ns.utah.edu, or their nameservers,
ns1.netaxs.net or ns2....) the lookup is successful....

so far, i have found no other domains like that, and my hints/root-servers file
seems to be "fine" ... at least it seems to function for other lookups...

is there some widespread, but "intermittent" problem that anyone is aware of?
does anyone have any ideas about where to start trying to fix this?

thanks!!

In article <3985E1E4.78361BAB at daimlerchrysler.com>, Kevin says...