single domain fails lookup?

Jim Warren jim at coam.net
Wed Sep 6 09:14:36 UTC 2000

yes, i noticed that it seems to return good information with the dig...any
argument, but if you use the "a" or"mx" or "hinfo" it still fails, and
nslookup fails, and then the root of the problem, sendmail fails with a
"transient parse error -- nameserver timeout" ....which is the real reason
i've got a problem.. we cant send mail to them....

actually dig with any reports the ns records only....and with "soa", i get
the servfail, but ns.utah.edu gets the root-servers returned...the root
servers shouldnt come back as soa, should they?

Jim Warren					Connecting America
jim at coam.net					www.coam.net
	   Phone: 702-648-0390	   Fax:  702-631-3303
			Direct:  648-2712