Setting Redirection

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Sep 6 01:20:41 UTC 2000

Are you querying the master, a slave, or a non-authoritative server for this
name? If a slave, then maybe the new copy of the zone has not transferred yet.
If a non-authoritative server, then maybe it had a "negative cache entry" for
the non-existence of the name. Your negative caching TTL (the last field of
your SOA record) is set to a day; you might want to tune that.

If you were querying the master and getting "unknown host", then I don't
understand that, since I am able to query the name just fine...

- Kevin