two primarys instead?

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Tue Sep 5 09:49:20 UTC 2000

Why? There should be no problem with having two primaries,
as long as both have the same copy of the original zonefile.

The root-servers (along with any other server not specifically
serving the domain(s) in question) don't even care which server
is primary and which secondary. All they care about is that the
server authoritative (and that they all have the same good data).

It's not commonly implemented this way, but doing a lot of zonetransfers
can be more difficult than say scp'ing the zonefiles over. This is
easier if all your zones have the same origin (ie host they are =
generated on).
With too many origins, it's usually easier to stick to zonetransfers...

mk

news:8or87m$o2m$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...