Classless in-addr.arpa delegation.

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 4 01:44:32 UTC 2000

Large ISP's billing for reverse zone delegation?  Wow.  What's the world
coming to?

I'm glad my employer doesn't do that to our customers.  Our DNS services
are largely free.

We do start charging after a certain number of zones for initial setup,
if for no other reason than to encourage people with large numbers of
zones to run their own nameservers, since it's really not that
difficult.

Anyway, at least your setup is working for you.  Like I said, the NS
record method should not be used for anything smaller than a Class-C,
but if you can live with not being able to see the reverse information
for anyone else in the same Class-C block, then no big deal.

:)

Hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend (if it's a holiday where you
are).  I'm very ill this weekend... been fighting off a really nasty
cold.  :(

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --