reverse dns.. using dig

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Sep 1 15:53:15 UTC 2000

    Andrew> we switched ISPs for our website and the nslookup still
    Andrew> shows the old nameserver as the SOA instead of the new.
    Andrew> this was just a few days ago. why doesn't the new
    Andrew> nameserver reflect the SOA for forward and reverse
    Andrew> lookups?

I don't understand the question. If you'd given the actual names and
addresses someone might have been able to figure out what you meant to
ask. Maybe the name server you queried has cached the old SOA records?
Though what you mean by "the SOA" is anyone's guess. Oh and stop
using nslookup: use dig.