bind8 only tcp queries?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 22 21:33:38 UTC 2000

TCP queries are wasteful, you shouldn't be using them as a matter of course.

I'm not clear why you feel the need to rewrite your source address. Does your
forwarder restrict queries, or restrict recursion, by IP address? If you have
full connectivity to the Internet, then perhaps instead of kludging your
network stack, or BIND, you should consider not forwarding at all. Or get a
static IP address.

- Kevin