Bind 9.0.0 on Windows platforms..

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Sep 22 04:00:09 UTC 2000

		I'd be willing to undertake this, in my own time of course.  I've done
plenty
  of ports to various different O/S's.  Several weeks ago I build BIND
8.2.2-P5
  along with nslookup.  Then I noticed that 8.2.3-T6B was available and
build that
  last week, along with building nslookup.  It took a little more work.  I
did try and
  build dig, but I ran into problems with a fork (naturally), and wait.  I
wanted to submit
  my fixes, but I haven't been able to figure out who to send them to. Also
I found
  out that there were at least two missing files from the winnt specific
BINDInstall
  program so I wasn't able to build that piece. Since 9.0.0 has now been
released,
  I have pulled the latest sources.  Larry from Nortel hasn't responded to
my mail
  yet, so he may be on vacation.  I did join the bind9-workers mailing
list, but I
  haven't seen a single mail message from that list.

		I need know who to contact to get information on the sources and how to
  update the source pool.  Most porting problems are straight forward, but
take time
  to figure out.  SInce the work would be done evenings and weekends don't
expect
  quick results.

		BTW, since 9.0.0 has been released, does that mean that 8.2.3 is now dead?
  Sorry I didn't see Daves Bounty offer, or I'd be $250 richer.

					Danny