PTRs for subdomains?

Nuno Teixeira nuno.teixeira at pt-quorum.com
Wed Sep 20 09:03:21 UTC 2000

Hello Joseph,

Yes I already have a '167.10.209.in-addr.arpa' and I use only one IP address
for all domains and subdomains. In this moment I created an PTR for all
domains, i.e.:

File '167.10.209.in-addr.arpa':
210    PTR    domainA.com
210    PTR    domainB.com
210    PTR    domainC.com

My question is if I need to include the subdomains in this list too, like:

210    PTR    subdomainA.com
210    PTR    subdomainB.com
210    PTR    subdomainC.com

But, in my case, I have only have one IP adress, so do I need to setup all
this PTRs or just one is needed to main domain?

Thanks very much,

Nuno Teixeira