Unexpected connection (TCP 53)

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Sun Oct 29 12:00:50 UTC 2000

No. This behaviour is OK. It seems that your nameserver first
contacted the nameserver in question using TCP to resolve some
host (or MX record) in the yahoo.com zone, but received a reply
which was too large to fit into a UDP packet (and had the TC=3Dtruncated =
bit set).

Proper behaviour in this case is for your nameserver to re-try that =
query using
a TCP connection, which is nbot subject to the packet-size limit, and =
thus can
contain more data.