Bad referral and malformed response errors

Diana Moreland dianam at americainter.net
Thu Oct 26 16:58:43 UTC 2000

I know this question has been asked many times before and I searched the
archives looking for an answer that made sense to me but did find one
that made the light bulb in my head light up.

In my syslog, we have been receiving dozens of bad referral errors over
the last 2 days.  Here it is:

bad referral (198.228.71.63.in-addr.arpa !< 30.172.in-addr.arpa)
Malformed response from [63.71.228.71].53 (out of data in final pass)

What is this telling me and what can I do about it?

TIA
Diana