named startup script

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Oct 26 11:47:36 UTC 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:36:41PM +0200, Lubna Sorour wrote:
> When I try to use my old /sbin/inittab/named startup script .. it looks for named.boot file. There is nothing in the file referring to that path.
>
> Is there a way I can get a new startup script??
>
> Thanks
> Lubna

Change all references from "named.boot" to "named.conf".  The idea is
the same, tho the format has changed.  Also, if you have changed the
directory or name of 'named' [e.g., from /usr/sbin/in.named to
/usr/local/sbin/named], change that as well.

Just out of curiosity, on most Unix systems that directory would be
something like /sbin/init.d/.  On which system is it /sbin/inittab/?
Thanks!

Joe Yao
Temporarily $HOMEless