How Does DNS Work (Is That Vague Enough?)

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Thu Oct 26 02:32:03 UTC 2000

The parent zone (in your case .com) will need to be told the IP address
of dns.someplace.com at the point of registration, which they will =
publish
as an 'glue' A record along with the delegation NS records.

It may be that if your registrar (DotSter?) supplies the nameserver, =
they
provide that IP address automatically. If they allow you to name your =
own
nameserver, you will have to tell them so that in can get included in =
the
parent zone as GLUE.

regards

Name