Segmentation Fault

Michael Nguyen michaeln at olde-english.twentyten.org
Tue Oct 24 08:57:41 UTC 2000

Guys, I have this fascinating problem....

Ok, here's the system:

Slackware 7.1
Bind 9.0.0

After successfully upgrading my secondary and tertiary name servers to Bind
9.0.0 from 8.2.2p5 on RedHat 6.2, I decided to upgrade my primary server as
well for the sake of consistency.  Bind compiled fine, however whenever I run
named or any of the tools that it comes with (nslookup, dig, etc.) I get a
Segmentation Fault.  No messages in syslog/messages...nothing.  Has anyone
seen this?  I'm pretty much at a loss here.  The thing is, I ran a couple of
the release candidates on this server before the final came out.  Each time I
reverted back to 8.2.2p5 just in case there were any security/stability
concerns.  These release candidates and betas ran fan, but this one doesn't
work and it doesn't give me any hints.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

Michael