Help resolving my domain name to IP addr

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Oct 23 20:52:08 UTC 2000

When you registered your domain, you should have been required to provide
the names and addresses of 2 nameservers at that time. What names and
addresses did you provide? Are they serving the domain? If you already have
nameservers serving the domain, then technically all you need to do is add
your nameserver to the delegations, through your registrar, and have those
other nameservers act as slave to your machine. If they are not willing to
be slaves, then you need at least one slave to your master. Many ISP's
offer this as a service. Sometimes it's referred to as "Secondary DNS
Service". There are also some "free" DNS services, but the reliability of
those is questionable at best.

- Kevin