Advice please - creating RR's with www.freeparking.co.uk

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Oct 17 20:11:22 UTC 2000

In a DNS master file, it's not legal to use a name rather than an address
on the right-hand-side of an A resource record.

But there's nothing to say a front-end program couldn't, in theory, look
up the name using the normal resolver routines and then write the
resultant address into a master file or add it to the DNS database via
Dynamic Update.

As for why it didn't work, you'd have to talk to the freeparking folks
about that.

- Kevin