Bind source code question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Oct 16 23:53:55 UTC 2000

I think "delegee" is one attempted solution of the noun/verb ambiguity
of "delegate". I also have circumstantial evidence that it is a term in
Law (I'll double-check my Black's when I get home), which as you know
considers itself exempt from the normal rules of English. In particular,
"delegee" appears in some of the ICANN official documents (e.g.
http://www.icann.org/gac/gac-cctldprinciples-23feb00.htm), which is why
it leaped to my mind when discussing ICANN-related matters. But, you're
right, it's not a real word in common (or even computer) parlance and
I will try to screen it out in my posts.

- Kevin