DNS Sec

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sun Oct 15 12:59:50 UTC 2000

> I'm trying to hack bind to allow for a*.domain.com to work (as opposed to
> the current wildcarding of *.domain.com, which applies only to an entire
> label).  However, I was then told that this would not work with Bind 9's DNS
> SEC feature.  Does anyone here know why that is?

	It could be made to work, you would have to teach the signer
	about these labels and make them appear to have *.domain.com
	as the owner.  The NXT chain would also have to appear as
	if they were *.domain.com as well.

	Conceptually you are giving out different answers, with
	corresponding SIGs, for matches against *.domain.com based
	apon the query name.

	Another alternative is to have the keys online and just sign
	on the fly.  This is cpu intensive.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.