named died

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sun Oct 15 12:26:52 UTC 2000

> Hi,
>
> I found that my named died after showing this syslog message:
>
> 14-Oct-2000 03:27:32.1000 insist: critical: ns_main.c:537: INSIST(errno ==
> EINTR): Invalid argument failed
>
> Can somebody tell me what does it mean?

	The most common cause is that gettimeofday() returned an
	invalid time, tv_usec out of range.  This resulted in a
	out of range value being passed to select/pselect which
	returned a error.

	The second possible cause is when the select/pselect complains
	about a tcp socket that has been closed/reset in the kernel
	but named has not yet closed.

	Both of these are the result of kernel bugs.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com