Bind 8.22 P5 for NT

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Oct 12 03:33:09 UTC 2000

		Actually, I've ported BIND 8.2.3-T6B to Windows NT.  I won't and can't
  support any of the Win9x platforms.  The major tools, dig, nslookup and host
  are now working on NT, but I don't intend to try and deal with those other
  platforms, if it works, fine.  I'd also ignore any reported bugs on Win9x
platforms
  as I'd have to go through hoops to reproduce a problem.

		If all goes well, I should have this available next week.  The last problem
  that I had to get through was getting to the tools to work without a
resolv.conf
  file on Windows NT.  Unix systems always has one, but Windows uses the
  registry to configure the domain name and the default nameserver addresses.
  BTW, I believe that the differences in the NT registry from the Win9x
  registry layout will prevent it working on Win9x.

			Danny