SRV record question...

Adrian Stovall AdrianS at pfk.com
Tue Oct 10 21:50:40 UTC 2000

Hi all.  I was recently involved in a now-defunct web-hosting project.
During the course of said project, the difficulties caused by using SSL on
ports other than 443 made themselves known.  I'm interested in hearing from
anyone with a lead on client-side software that makes use of SRV info (a web
browser, for example).  If I understand correctly, SRV records would be damn
handy for identifying sevices mapped to an fqdn on a non-standard port (as
is becoming necessary due to ARIN/RIPE virtual hosting "suggestions").

Any info would be appreciated.

"Murphy Was an optomist"
           -O'Toole's commentary on Murpy's Law

Adrian M. Stovall