Newbie question

M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com
Tue Oct 10 17:20:10 UTC 2000

Need more info.  If the domain names you gave were not the ones you are
asking about, I can't even make a resonable guess.

The second server 170.70.84.3 for banxico.org.mx is not responding to
queries.  - Not related but a problem.
The first server 170.70.84.1 does not list the second server as
authorative for banxico.org.mx.

prueba.org.mx is not registerd properly with nic.mx.
Your nameserver at 170.70.84.1 will not respond for the prueba.org.mx
domain.

My guess is the ping is working due to an entry in a hosts file (unrelated
to bind).  Post your named.conf and db files for more help.

Mike

--
Mike Ashcraft, Sr. Network Engineer
epixtech, Inc.