A question on setting up DNS

M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com
Tue Oct 10 15:41:39 UTC 2000

Steve,

Thor meant for you to look at http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-192.html

This document covers DNS setup and what your poblem is.

In short nslookup is trying to first verify the name of your dns server
and failing.  Dig may still work for your testing.

You need to set up the zone 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa and populate it with a
PTR record for your name server.  This requires changes to named.conf and
the creation of a db file.

Good Luck,

Mike
--