DDNS with Split View DNS(Bind 9 feature)

Robbie Stone robbie at serendipity.palo-alto.ca.us
Tue Oct 10 06:12:11 UTC 2000

Hey,

	I have about a zillion Win2k machines that I would like to register
(I'm running Windows DNS and BIND concurrently right now, makes AD
happy) with the DNS server via DHCPD. I was thinking long and hard about
maintaining multiple servers (Split DNS) and I've decided that I don't
really want to do that anymore and I'd really like to be able to use the
"view" feature in BIND 9. So, when I have an update from a host defined
as being on the "inside" access list does the dynamic update go to the
inside database or the outside database?

--
Robbie Stone
Serendipity Simplex