Win2k DNS/DHCP

Carlos Cantu/Boulder/IBM ccantu at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 5 16:20:37 UTC 2000

I don't think NT4 has any support for dynamic DNS.  As for 2000, I haven't
tested the DHCP server for complete compliance with 2136, but it seems to
do what I need.  That is, if my machine is not FQDN-option aware, do the
DDNS
for them.

One thing I've seen is that if the client does send the FQDN option, say
with "clientName.wuzzup.com"; and the server is set to assign
"ugly_120_21.wuzzup.com", the client wins.  My work schedule has not given
me time to install BIND on my AIX or Linux machines, so I can't speak of
interop.

---------------------- Forwarded by Carlos Cantu/Boulder/IBM on 10/05/2000

Steve Koch <SKoch at nospam.andersonchemical.com>@news1.rdc1.md.home.com on
10/04/2000 09:59:02 PM