problem upgrading from p5 to p7

Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil
Wed Nov 29 16:00:19 UTC 2000

I am currently running version Bind 8.2.2-p5 on a sparc machine which is
running the latest upgrade of Solaris 2.5.1. I have been trying to upgrade
to patch 7 but keep getting this error:

ld.so.1: /usr/ccs/bin/ld:  fatal:   relocation error:  file
/usr/lib/libld.so.2:  symbol elf32_checksum:  referenced symbol not found
gcc:  Internal compiler error:  program ld got fatal signal 9
make [2]:  *** [addr] Error 1
make [2]:   Leaving directory ` /home/moseleyt/dns/src/bin/addr '
make [1]:  *** [addr] Error 2
make [1]:  Leaving directory ` /home/moseleyt/dns/src/bin '
make:  *** [all] Error 2

I was able to get the install done on a secondary box which is running
Solaris 7 so I know its not a bad download. I would appreciate any help with
this problem that you might be able to offer.

A little more info, this boxes operating system was recently upgraded to the
newest version, so I checked to make sure that this file (libld.so.2) was
the from the latest install and not the original install.

Thank You

Tim Moseley