suse 6.3 with bind8.2.2-P7

digitalconscious.com mjs at digitalconscious.com
Mon Nov 27 04:57:30 UTC 2000

It seems to me that bind 8.2.2-P7 doesn't like SuSE 6.3 or suse at
all,...I've installed SuSE from scratch,..not installing the default BIND
but downloading the tarball  8.2.2.-P7 and trying to install it,..from
reading the install file, it didn't mention anything about compiling and
running on SuSE.....

Anyway I followed the INSTALL file....and it mentioned to run

make install

that didn't seem right,..didn't really compile well and I doesn't make sense
to just run "make install,...without running make first... so I ran

make
make install

this seemed more logical

but it seems Im getting some weird "error 1 " messages when running "make"

So I guess my question would be is BIND 8.2.2.-P7 compatible with SuSE 6.3
or any versions of SuSE?

Has anyone else run into this problem while running "make", is there
something I need to do first?

Thanks in advance

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat