nsupdate non-interactive broken

Paige Stafford staffordp1 at ornl.gov
Fri Nov 24 18:24:35 UTC 2000

Bind-Users,

I just recently upgraded from bind-8 to bind-9 on my solaris 8 (SunOS
dnswizard 5.8 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10) machine. With bind-9, I
am no longer able to use nsupdate non-interactively (the interactive works
just fine). Here's a short description of what happens:

unix> nsupdate filename

...and then waits forever for a control D (or C), and if I give it the
control D nsupdate returns, but it doesn't do my update.  Anyone else find
this problem, and if so, any idea how to fix (hard code fix?) or work
around it?

Thanks,

Paige Stafford.