Slave Configuration

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Nov 23 04:33:54 UTC 2000

			Did you visit the http://bind8nt.meiway.com/  site?  This site has
  some configuration information.  The NT version of BIND is identical in
every
  way for configuration and zone files.  If you have a working version of BIND
  on a Unix box, you just copy over the named.conf files and the zone files.
  It will work.  You may have to edit the named.conf file of whatever is the
  master for the zone otherwise it won't allow zone transfers or notify the
  slave of changes.  Logging is to the application event log, unless you
  specify logging in your named.conf file.

		If you've built your own version of BIND 8.2.3, you are presumably
  running T6B Beta release.  I have made available binary kits of this beta
  (currently revved to NT4) on the above site.  The kit has a bunch of fixes
  for NT so you may want to try that.  I also made available the main DNS
  tools: nslookup, dig and host.  I've been making additional changes so that
  BIND 8.2.3-T8B beta release will build out-of-the-box.  We're almost there.

			Danny