Local or Remote DNS servers

Colin Stefani colins at pro2net.com
Tue Nov 21 20:59:13 UTC 2000

A local caching server will lower your load somewhat on the T1. If all you
clients are config'd to use the local DNS server as their primary and you
ISP's as the secondary, then your local server will be caching the results
for frequently resolved up names and will be asked first to go get the name
instead of your clients resolving out to the ISP's server.

-c